Tuition ResourcesIt is our mission to provide the best environment and education for all students. In order to do so, tuition for the 2018-19 school year is $28,500 – $36,000 depending on students academic needs. Your options for funding include the Empowerment Scholarship Account (ESA), Student Tuition Organizations (STOs) and private pay.
ESA – Empowerment Scholarship AccountOver 95% of our students utilize the Empowerment Scholarship Account (ESA) to fund their tuition. ESA application – visit the ESA Department of Education website to review eligibility requirements and complete your application. https://esa.azed.gov/ESA/
How ESA works:
- Parents become the “school district” for their child.
- Parents receive 90% of the state funding that the child’s current school/charter district would have received.
- Funding is distributed quarterly.
Funds for ESA will vary based on:
- Primary eligibility for Special Education listed on IEP, 504 or MET
- School District
- Grade level
Other ESA information:
- Parents must withdraw the student from public/charter school by the end of the school year.
- Parents must turn in quarterly expenditure reports to receive the next quarter’s funding.
- Students must have a current MET on file for renewal.
- Read more about ESA on their website.
Student Tuition OrganizationsArizona has great laws that allow taxpayers to take control of how their state taxes are spent by utilizing state tax credits. We’ve partnered with several STOs in Arizona to provide this tuition funding option to parents.
How it Works:
- Taxpayers redirect up to $2,177 (married filing jointly) of what they owe in Arizona state taxes to a School Tuition Organization (STO) and recommend our school to receive those funds.
- The STO will then grant those funds to families in the form of tuition scholarships.
- The redirected funds are taken as a dollar-for-dollar credit/reduction off of their state tax liability. (Net cost is zero.) In addition, if they donate by the end of December, these donations are eligible to be used as a deduction off of federal taxes. They can make money by donating!