About Rockwood Preparatory
Rockwood Preparatory Academy provides education and therapies to the special needs community. Not only do we provide this to our students with special needs, but we also provide therapies and social skills groups and activities to the entire special needs community. We provide life-enhancing therapies from daily living skills to behavioral support to social skills as part of a 2 prong approach to the overall development of children with special needs. In this educational experience, students spend part of their day toward academy time meeting educational goals and learning how to work with their learning challenges and the 2nd half of their day is spent in therapies and social skills activities. We service children with differing SPED needs.
What Sets us Apart
- Small class sizes
- Individualized curriculum plan and goals
- Dyslexia Tutoring 1:1
- Students placed by ability in classes
- Integrative enrichment electives (Therapy Based)
- Social Skills Group / Leader in Training Program
- Peer Mentoring Group
- Transportation to fit family needs
Our mission is to create a standard of excellence in education, therapies, family support and advocacy for our special needs students.
Our Goal is to be an epicenter of educational, therapeutic and community resources for families and individuals living with special needs. The future of special needs is inclusiveness, advocacy, better education and support, and work transition success. Our vision is helping special needs children grow into thriving, functioning and fulfilled adult community members.
- Student Comes First!
- Courage and Integrity
- Diversity, Creativity, and Independence
- Community Advocacy and Awareness
- Parent School Partnership for Success
- Professionalism and Credentialed Employees